St. Louis Car Accident Attorneys
McChesney & Ortwerth, experienced Saint Louis car accident lawyers, have handled various accident injury claims in St. Louis, and understand the importance of knowing how to handle yourself in the event of an accident lawsuit.
Information to obtain if you've been in a car accident in Saint Louis:
- Stop your car, and if possible, move it to a safe location, near or adjacent to the scene
- Call 911 immediately to seek medical attention
- Be sure to note the names, license plate numbers, contact information, and insurance information for all involved parties
- Note the names of passengers, pedestrians, and possible witnesses
- Witnesses are very important – try to locate
- Note whether the other driver's behavior, and whether he or she appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Note all statements you hear implying the cause of the accident, such as "I wasn't wearing my glasses" or "I was on the phone"
- Write down the location, date, time, weather conditions, road conditions, lighting / sun glare, etc.
- If possible, take photos of the accident, vehicles, all damage, and of the scene
- Note what the police said and did, as well as all contact information for officers at the scene
- Generate your own detailed report of the incident; be as specific as possible
- Draw a diagram of the location, marking skid marks, stop signs, vehicle positions, etc.
- Note as much as possible about the driver's car or the driver's appearance
St Louis Car Accident Lawsuit
It is very important to have a recollection of what happened and to gather all information before time passes and memories fade. You may believe you can remember everything, but when questioned later, you will be glad you wrote it down.
Most important: Seek immediate medical attention.
Saint Louis Car Accident Lawyers - McChesney & Ortwerth
Once you have seen a doctor, and have been initially treated, you should contact an experienced automobile accident attorney in Saint Louis to discuss your claims. The attorneys of McChesney & Ortwerth offer a free consultation to discuss your case. Contact the firm online or call McChesney & Ortwerth toll free at 888-906-6938.